My name is Debbie Price and I first came to Vic in 1985 as a new teacher to work in Aula-Emi. My plan was to stay for a year, but I soon discovered that I thoroughly enjoyed teaching and just loved being in the classroom with all age-groups and all levels. In 1988 Aula-Emi opened a school in Manlleu where I worked until they closed in 2003.
I decided to open my own school, Debbie’s School, and continue teaching English in the town I regarded as home. In 2005, I moved to our present location and have been there ever since.
I am lucky because I still get immense pleasure from teaching English and have a job which I thoroughly enjoy. I now teach the children and even grandchildren of former students! I have a few more grey hairs, but my enthusiasm hasn’t been affected. I also enjoy learning from new teachers and sharing my experience with them.
Debbie’s School is a small private English language academy and an official Cambridge exam preparation centre. It is situated in the centre of Manlleu. We run general and specialised English courses for all levels from the age of 4 with no maximum age limit. All classes are exclusively in English with the main focus being on communication and the specific needs of the students.
Debbie’s School guarantees:
- carefully selected qualified and experienced native English teachers
- a friendly and comfortable learning environment where people count, not only technology
- a wide variety of learning resources and materials used in class
- close contact with students and parents
- regular personalised progress reports for children and teenagers
- films, books and magazines for students to borrow
- thorough preparation and a high success track record for the oficial Cambridge exams